Sunday, September 09, 2007

Mysterious Stranger?

This is awesome, content and animation styling.
Viva La CLAY!!!

I seem to remember this show, maybe even this sequence. I wish I knew what the show was called ;anyone? The user who posted says this was banned from TV. While I can understand why this clip got me thinking about the state of animation, and more importantly children's content has gotten to.

Bright colors, fun times, and happy meals pervade the market. I seem to remember children's content (sometimes) made clear attempts at representing good vs. evil, and basic morality. Cartoons weren't happy fun time, all the time. I remember having the crap scared outta me as a kid (and I liked it).

Aside from being obsessive compulsive, manic depressed-ed, and narcissistic I'm fine.

No comments: